Mainstream Teaching Assistant
Area: Wakefield, WF1, WF2, WF14, WF17
Contract: Supply – temp to perm options
Start: SEPTEMBER 2023
Are you a current University student or recent graduate, looking for paid teaching experience? Or a current Teaching Assistant seeking your next role? If so please read on…..
Working in partnership with our well-established secondary schools across Wakefield, we are seeking to appoint additional pro-active Teaching Assistant’s for the new academic year. You will provide support within the classroom and build positive relationships with both staff and students. This role will interview as soon as candidates are vetted. This role is well suited for a hard-working individual seeking paid classroom experience and those wanting to progress their career in education.
Our workforce partner schools have worked very hard to establish supportive and diverse environments where pupils are encouraged to take responsibility for their learning and achieve academic excellence. You will be expected to adhere to the school’s high standards of support to inspire their learning and will require good behaviour management skills in re-engaging children with their learning after the recent disruption to education.
Our schools welcome students from a wide range of backgrounds and learning levels, so we are looking for educators who can be supportive of that ethos and help raise the confidence levels of all the students in the schools.
Requirements for the role of Learning Support Assistant (LSA):
– Right to work in the UK
– A-Level education or above
– DBS check or be willing to have one – we can provide support with this
As a LSA, you must:
– Be able to develop positive relationships with pupils and staff
– Recognise and pro-actively support under-achieving students to help raise attainment
– Supervise and cover lessons in the absence of the classroom teacher
– Supporting pupils to engage in learning in the absence of their classroom teacher
– Having an adaptable approach to work with flexible working hours
– Being creative in your approach in guiding pupil’s through pre-planned objectives
– A passion for education and supporting children
Due to the national teacher and supply staff shortage, this really is a great time for those with less experience to get some paid school experience. We have a large number or roles available please visit the website to learn more. Wakefield has been really effected by teacher sickness and shortage since September and our schools and students need support!
If this role sounds well suited to your skills and experience, please apply by following the link below….
Please have a CV in WORD format ready to submit, as this will be needed very early in the vetting process.
Alternatively, if you are looking for similar jobs in an area more local to you, please visit our AK teaching website. We have just released our new website and will be updating daily!!