Based in Cramlington
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of students with challenging behaviors? Do you have the skills and dedication to support children and young people with social, emotional, and mental health needs (SEMH)? If so, we want you to join our team at AK Teaching, a leading education supply agency operating in Northumberland.
As a Behaviour Support Assistant, you will play a vital role in providing support to students with challenging behaviours in Special Educational Needs (SEN) schools across Northumberland.
You will work closely with these students to help them achieve their academic and personal goals, ensuring they receive the support they need to thrive.
- Provide one-on-one and small group support to students with SEMH needs.
- Assist in implementing behaviour management strategies and individualized education plans.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Encourage and motivate students to engage in learning activities.
- Collaborate with teachers and other professionals to develop tailored interventions.
- Promote social and emotional development through mentoring and guidance.
- Maintain a safe and supportive classroom environment.
- A genuine passion for working with students with challenging behaviors.
- Previous experience working in a school or educational setting is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to remain calm in challenging situations.
- The ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the unique needs of each student.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Why Choose AK Teaching:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- Rewarding and fulfilling work with a meaningful impact.
- Supportive and inclusive work environment.
- Monday – Friday schedule with no weekend work.
If you are ready to make a positive impact on the lives of students with SEMH needs and are committed to providing them with the support they deserve, we want to hear from you.