You will be supporting a child with additional needs working 1:1 in a mainstream classroom. The school, which is based in Peterlee, is easily accessible by both car and public transport. They are looking for a pro-active Teaching Assistant who can help support with building the children’s confidence and their learning and development. The child you will be working with has Autism and you will be supported by the school within this position. This role has an immediate start and will be an indefinite position for the right candidate. The working hours will be between 08.30am- 15.30pm.
The ideal Candidate will have EYFS experience, be confident in supporting a child 1:1 with Autism, is firm but fair and has patience.
Key Responsibilities as a Teaching Assistant:
· Working with groups of children or working with pupils on a 1-2-1 basis
· Supporting these pupils with the full National Curriculum to all ranges
· Working with children who have additional SEND needs
· Supporting the class teacher across the whole class
· Ideally be Level 3 qualified or higher but qualifications are not essential
· Have knowledge or experience working with children with SEN. Mainly looking for an individual with a caring nature
· Ideally Team Teach trained