Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)? We have an exciting opportunity for part-time Learning Support Assistants to join our dedicated team at an SEND Primary School in Blyth.
Role Overview:As a Learning Support Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting SEND pupils on a day-to-day basis. Your responsibilities will include assisting students with their learning activities, providing additional support where needed, and contributing to the creation of a positive and inclusive learning environment.
Working Hours: This is a part-time role, with working days between Monday and Friday. No work is required on weekends, allowing for a healthy work-life balance.
Role Overview: f you are enthusiastic about supporting the education and development of SEND pupils and meet the above requirements, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience to [contact email]. Responsibilities:
– Provide support and assistance to individuals with special needs, including children and working with people on the autism spectrum.
– Communicate effectively with individuals, their families, and other team members to ensure the best care and support.
– Assist in implementing educational and therapeutic programs for individuals with special needs.
– Help create a safe and nurturing environment for individuals under your care.
– Collaborate with other professionals, such as teachers and therapists, to develop and implement individualized plans.
– Experience working with children or individuals with special needs is preferred.
– Knowledge or experience in special education or related fields is a plus.
– Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
– Ability to work well in a team environment.
– Patience, empathy, and understanding when working with individuals with special needs.
– Ability to adapt to changing situations and handle challenging behaviours.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.