KS2 Teaching Assistant Hartlepool - HartlepoolEducation REF : 351614 HARTLEPOOL Salary : Competitive Published : 08/03/2022 08:12
AK Teaching are looking for an enthusiastic individual to support pupils with particular needs and some teaching assistants work one-to-one whilst others work in small groups.
The purpose of the role is to create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils' work. Also to use strategies in liaison with the teacher which are to support pupils to achieve learning goals and assist with the planning of learning activities.
This role is based in one of our Primary Schools in Hartlepool and is to start long term after the Easter Holidays.
The roles and responsibilities of Teaching Assistants are:
• Getting the classroom ready for lessons
• Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
• Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
• Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
• Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
• Supervising group activities
• Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
• Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
• Helping with outings and sports events
• Taking part in training
• Carrying out administrative tasks
You must have:
• An ability to build good working relationships with both pupils and adults
• Good organisational skills
• Flexibility and creativity
• Enjoy working with children
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
• Ability to manage groups of pupils and deal with challenging behaviour
• Patience and a sense of humour
• A Valid Level 2 or Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification
• Experience working in schools or educational settings
• An ability to work confidently with children, with a professional approach
• A valid DBS (Can apply if needed)
• Eligibility to work in the UK (Two references, including your current or most recent employer)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 516 6327 for more information!