SEMH Support - Whitley Bay - North TynesideEducation REF : 351293 NORTH TYNESIDE Salary : Competitive Published : 20/07/2021 08:25
We are looking to recruit a teaching assistant for an SEMH school in Whitley Bay.
Our client school are a learner centred, education driven setting with outstanding facilities, focused on creating the best learning environment possible for all learners and young people. The aim of the school is to support all young students and learners through their education, no matter what SEMH barriers they may face.
The role will include:
•Working with small groups of learners, as well as providing 1:1 support in the classroom setting throughout the lesson.
• Supporting each learner with their academic progress in each lesson, whether that is to re-engage them after coming off-task or sitting with them when solving a maths problem.
• Contributing and supporting the class teacher in maintaining and controlling pupil behaviour throughout the lesson, if needed, enforcing the behavioural discipline system.
• Communicate with SLT regarding pupil behaviours throughout the day and contributing/supporting any serious incidents taking place.
• Ensure all the groups work is finished, filled and organised ready for the next lesson to help keep track of pupil progress and engagement levels.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be organised
• Be encouraging and enthusiastic
• Be focused
• Be able to implement behaviour management strategies
• Have previous experience working with SEMH students and dealing with challenging behaviour/classroom support
• Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to undergo a DBS check
• Preferably have a certificate in Team Teach
If you have the experience and skills that are appropriate for the role of a SEMH Teaching Assistant, then please apply or contact Kallie on firstname.lastname@example.org.