Nursery Nurse - Consett - DurhamEducation REF : 351155 DURHAM Salary : Competitive Published : 21/07/2021 00:00
AK teaching are looking for a Nursery Nurse to be an active member of in one of our maintained nursery teams implementing the EYFS and creating a caring, stimulating environment which provides outstanding quality education and care to enable each child to develop to his/her full potential.
This is a full time role for September in one of our Primary Schools based in the Consett area.
Helping to oversee, maintain and organise a clean, tidy, child-friendly environment, Nursery Nurses supervise activities, such as messy play, crafts, cooking, reading and outdoor/physical pursuits.
• Feeding suitable meals, snacks and drink
• Changing nappies or helping with potty/toilet training
• Teaching general life skills, such as basic hygiene and manners
• Working with any health and social care professionals, where necessary, and undertaking any relevant admin/paperwork
You must have:
• An ability to build good working relationships with both pupils and adults
• Good organisational skills
• Flexibility and creativity
• Enjoy working with children
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
• Ability to manage groups of pupils and deal with challenging behaviour
• Patience and a sense of humour
• A Valid Level 2 or Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification
• Experience working in schools or educational settings
• An ability to work confidently with children, with a professional approach
• A valid DBS (Can apply if needed)
• Eligibility to work in the UK (Two references, including your current or most recent employer)