SEMH Teaching Assistant - Newcastle Upon TyneEducation REF : 351050 NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE Salary : Competitive Published : 14/06/2021 00:00
AK Teaching are looking for a Teaching Assistant to work within one of our partner SEMH provisions in Newcastle. The role is to start ASAP until the end of the term. This could potentially run until next academic year so you would be returning in September 2021.
The role will involve working with small groups of students or 1:1 to minimize classroom disruption and maximize work output. The role will involve working with a range of age groups and academic abilities across KS1-KS4. You must be resilient, enthusiastic and reliable.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Have experience supporting students with SEMH in a mainstream or SEND setting
• Be patient with a nurturing manner
• Have a history of managing behaviour
• Have a fully enhanced DBS or be willing to apply for one
• Be available 5 days per week