JOB DESCRIPTION - AK Teaching are recruiting a Pastoral Support Officer, working with SEMH students in a Durham SEN School. The role is to start ASAP.
Ideally applicants would have experience with SEMH (EBD) either in a Primary or Secondary setting. Additional training such as Team Teach and Moving & Handling is advantageous but not essential. We would also welcome applicants with relevant transferrable skills.
ROLE - The role will involve working one to one and with groups of students with challenging behaviour to minimize classroom disruption and maximize work output. The role will involve working with a range of age groups and academic abilities.
CANDIDATE - Our ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum 3 months experience supporting students with ASC and SLD in a mainstream or SEN setting
• Team Teach Qualification
• Moving & Handling or Personal Care
• NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Supporting and Learning in Schools
• Patient and nurturing manner
• A history of manging behaviour
Why Not Contact Us About This Vacancy Quote REF:350421